New for 2022
According to DigitalOcean, "This year, we’re encouraging low- and non-code contributions so more people can do their part for open source regardless of their technical experience."
AppFlowy is an open-source Notion alternative. You are in charge of your data and customizations. For more info, please visit our website.
How to participate
- Register via https://hacktoberfest.com/ anytime between September 26 and October 31. Mark your calendar!
- Pull requests can be made in any GITHUB or GITLAB hosted project that’s participating in Hacktoberfest (look for the “hacktoberfest” topic). AppFlowy is participating!
- Project maintainers must accept your pull/merge requests for them to count toward your total
- Have 4 pull/merge requests accepted between October 1 and October 31 to complete Hacktoberfest
- Learn more about low or non-code contributions that are counted toward your total
- The first 40,000 participants (maintainers and contributors) who complete Hacktoberfest can elect to receive one of two prizes: a tree planted in their name, or the Hacktoberfest 2022 t-shirt.
Contribute to AppFlowy
There are different ways you can contribute to AppFlowy. We've curated a list of tasks ranging from easy to difficult for you to check out.
🔨 Implement features or fix bugs
We have a curated list of AppFlowy issues that are friendly to newcomers. It might seem overwhelming at first sight, but don't worry! We've all been there. We are here to help along with 1000+ community members.
🤖 Write tests
Here is a good example you can learn from.
✏️ Make a tutorial or write a blog post
Have you been a contributor to the project for a while? From creating video tutorials to contributing to a blog series, help new community members get started with AppFlowy! Make blog posts/videos explaining how to contribute to AppFlowy or navigate through the codebase, or show how you built something cool with AppFlowy. Publish your stories on forums like itsfoss, youtube , dev.to, hashnode, etc
🌐 Translate the software
Enjoy the application in your favorite language by helping us to translate AppFlowy. There might be users from different parts of the world who are more comfortable in a different language.
Please read TRANSLATIONS for details and the process for submitting pull requests to us.
This will open up the project to a whole new user base.
We’re here to help you.